COVID-19 Attendance Policy
For PSW Science Events at the Powell Auditorium
Cosmos Club, Washington, DC
PSW Science events are subject to the following health and safety rules:
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth at all times.
- Use of the Cosmos Club is restricted to the Powell Auditorium, the entryway to the auditorium, and the restrooms immediately outside the auditorium.
- We want to accommodate everyone so that they can see the lecture and ask questions of the speaker. If, for whatever reason, you cannot meet these requirements for in-person attendance, you can view the live-stream of the lecture on the PSW Science YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/PSWScience/, and enter questions via the YouTube chat box.
- By attending a PSW Science event, you certify that, currently or within the past 14 days, you have not experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, and shortness of breath, OR been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 OR have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by public health authorities or the health care team responsible for your treatment.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS IN-PERSON MEETING, YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF INJURY, ILLNESS (INCLUDING COVID-19 OR OTHER INFECTION), DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER LOSS. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE PSW SCIENCE, AND THE OFFICERS, GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS, VOLUNTEERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS OF PSW SCIENCE FROM ALL DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN PSW SCIENCE EVENTS.